We have addressed usabilities improvements in AgileWrap release this weekend.
Hovering over top-level menu enabled
1. Now you can view second-level menu entries when you hover over the top level menu. So you do not need to ‘click’ on a top-level menu item in order to view all the second level menu entries belonging to it. This was a popular feature request from our customers.
View Backlog items with same ‘Group By’ criteria upon revisit
2. Now you can view product backlog, iteration backlog and release backlog items ‘grouped by’ the last criteria used upon revisiting the pages. This feature is implemented on the following pages:
- Group By entry is now saved on Plan>>Backlog page.
- Group By entry is now saved for the grid on Track>>Iteration>>Items page.
- Group By entry is now saved for the grid on Track>>Release>>Items page.
Iteration Backlog – View items by the priority in the order of importance
3. When you sort iteration backlog items by Priority on Track>>Iteration>Items tab, you can now view items by the order of importance of priority (not alphabetically sorted).
We will be releasing more usability improvements in next few weeks.
A new web service is now available for AgileWrap. This web service will allow you to get listing of all the top level user stories for a project.
URL : https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/
- project_id: Id of the project for which you want top level stories
- Response format (optional) : json or xml. Default value is json.
1. List of all the top level user stories for the project in JSON format:
curl -u “user:password” “https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/?format=json&project_id=9650″
2. List of all the top level user stories for the project in XML format:
curl -u “user:password” “https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/?format=xml&project_id=9650″
This weekend we released many bug fixes in AgileWrap.
Timesheet Defects – Fixed
1. While using ‘Export to Excel‘ feature on Track>>Time tab, AgileWrap displayed Notes field data in multiple lines when special characters were found in the Notes field. We fixed this issue and now Notes field data is displayed in only one line in the Excel file.
2. Project drop-down filter on Time tab showed all the projects accessible to user even if they were not timesheet enabled. Now AgileWrap shows only ‘Timesheet enabled‘ projects in the project drop-down filter.
3. In the Project drop-down filter we changed the entry for ‘No Project‘ to ‘Non Project Work‘. ‘Non Project Work’ include activities like holidays, paid time off, meetings, admin etc. When user selects ‘Non Project Work’ entry in the project drop-down filter, Timesheet report now shows all the non-project related activities grouped under the same named keyword.
4. AgileWrap did not refreshed Timesheet report data when a user selected filter values having no time entries. Timesheet grid data is now refreshed appropriately.
Blank email notifications for Outlook users – Fixed
5. Blank email notification for Outlook users is now fixed. Outlook users were getting blank emails in the following cases -
- When user is an owner of a user story and somebody changed status or blocked status of that user story.
- When user is a reporter of a user story and somebody changed owner, status or blocked status of that user story.
Sorting order of defects not retained – Fixed
6. After sorting defects on Track>>Defects tab, if a user edits a defect using Edit Defect link on top right, the sorted order of defects in the grid is now retained.
This weekend we released following enhancements and bug fixes.
1. Now you can filter stories in user story page by new “View By” Filter. It has 3 options-
a) All open User Story. This is default option. Shows all stories in New, Defined and In Progress status. Does not show stories in To Verify and Accepted status.
b) Non Accepted User Story. Shows all stories except Accepted stories.
c) All User Stories. Shows all stories.
2. Improved “Export” in User Story page. Added tag column to the export. Entities like “ ” are now filtered from the description field.
3. Improved help on “Is Active” field on New/Edit Team Member Page. In AgileWrap, to delete a team member you have to make him/her Inactive.
1. Set Up >> Team Member Page: Filtering for “Active” team members was not working. It has been fixed. Only admins see the Inactive (deleted) Team members in the list.
2. Backlog: Editing a row in some cases showed updated row data in wrong columns of grid. This has been fixed.
3. Attachments: If uploaded files had spaces in names, on downloading the file name after space was being ignored. This has been fixed.
4. On Track>>Defects page, sorting by priority is reset after a defects is edited using Edit Defect link on top right. This has been fixed.
View comments and attachments in Edit Screens
Now you can view all the previous comments and all the attachments for the story, defect and task directly in the edit screens for Story, Defect and Task. You can also open the attachments directly from edit screens.
Following defects were fixed in this release.
1. When there is one single task (not related to a story and iteration) but related to a Release only , the task does not show in the ‘Release Tasks’ grid in the Release>>Items>>Tasks tab. If there is more than one task, the first also don’t show. Only the others. This task shows in Track>>Tasks tab.
2. Sometimes, backlog page shows items with duplicate ranking.
3. Spent hours are not adding properly on Sprint backlog page.
1. Today we launched performance improvements for User Story and Backlog pages by reducing database calls.
2. Last week we made changes to our cloud infrastructure to improve overall AgileWrap performance.
We saw at least 50% improvement in page loading times. Our team is working on more performance improvement changes which will be rolled out over next few weeks.
1) How to get the projects that belongs to particular user ?
Answer: We have added parameter auth_login_email. It will give list of all projects that the user is authorized to.
curl -u “TeamLeader@example.com:Abc2011″ https://firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Whenever I request for tasks details, I can get details of tasks other than updated date and time of the tasks. How can I get the updated date and time of the tasks through API ?
Answer: We have added ‘change_date_time’ to the task details returned by the API.
1) When I try to update the task (see example below), I am getting “You can specify only one of parent_story_id,release_id, and iteration_id” response.
curl -u “TeamLeader@example.com:Abc2011″ -X PUT -d “name=Prepare logic to automate the process” https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/task/711/
Answer: This was a bug. It has been fixed.
2) Is it possible to get all tasks that belongs to particular user story ? In agile wrap document I can see its possible and the format we need to follow. But when I try to retrieve the tasks belongs to particular user story id, I am getting empty response. But I can get all the task belongs to iteration/release/project ID.
Answer: This was a bug. It has been fixed.
We have fixed the issue in AgileWrap where the grids were not displaying in FireFox 21. Grids were working fine in FireFox 20 and other supported browsers.
We now provide Subversion Integration for companies that have Subversion server running on Windows. Subversion integration for Subversion server installed on linux/unix has been available for long time. It is implemented as a Subversion Hook and Python script on Windows that calls rest api on AgileWrap server. If you are interested please contact us at email@example.com
How does it work?
In order to update an item in AgileWrap, the Commit command for Subversion should have message in the following format:
‘[ <status> #<item type><item id> #<item type> <item id>...] commit_message’
Where status = New status for the item (case insensitive, optional)
item type = s or S for Story, d or D for defect, t or T for Task (required)
item id = Id of a user story, task or defect in AgileWrap (required)
- svn commit -m ‘[#s38] this is a commit message to 38’
This command adds a comment to ‘story 38′ in AgileWrap.
- svn commit -m ‘[To Verify #s38 #d68] this is a commit message to 38’
This command changes the status of ‘story 38′ and ‘defect 68′ to ‘To Verify’ and add a comment for both the items. Note that you can update one or more items at the same time.
Following Bug Fixes and enhancements were released this week,
1) Est Points field is not available on the Defects forms or Views: Estimated points field is now available on Add Defect and Edit Defect screens.
2) Moving Defects from a Release to a Sprint lost all point estimates.
3) % Full is Iteration – Participant tab show more that 2 digits after decimal point.
4) To Do Hours not editable on the Defects form when Timesheet is enabled.
5) Splitting the story and changing release of new split story in Split Story Screen does not change the release of tasks in story
6) Cannot edit and add iteration once all Burndown days checkboxes are turned off: Now you need to have at least one burndown day. AgileWrap gives error if all Burndown days checkbox are turned off.
7) Split story’s tasks do not get scheduled in the split story’s iteration.
1) Now comments display the date a comment was entered in addition to the number of days.