We have added new features and usability improvements for Sprint and Release tracking in AgileWrap this week. We have split release notes in three blog posts for the sake of clarity. We will be discussing the improvements in sprint tracking in this post.
Tracking Sprint Backlog Items
Sprint backlog contains user stories and defects that are scheduled in the sprint. You can prioritize sprint backlog by ranking the items. You can track the progress of a sprint backlog in Track>>Sprint>>Items tab using many new and enhanced features:
- View Filter: View filter allows you to filter Open Items, Non-Accepted Items, All Items, Items changed in last 7 days and Items changed in last 24 hours. An item is a user story or defect belonging to the sprint backlog. Open Items are entries with status as New, Defined, In Progress and Re-Open. Non-Accepted Items include all Open Items as well as items with status To Verify.
- Column Filters: Sprint backlog grid has now column level filters available. You can select filter values for multiple columns and view sprint backlog entries as per the chosen criteria. For example you can filter user stories by a particular keyword, status as In Progress and priority as Urgent.
- Group By: You can group sprint backlog items and track the progress of various groups. You can group sprint backlog items by Priority, Status, Parent user story and Item type.
- Add Task: For a highlighted user story, you can now add tasks to the story using Add Task link on the top right.
- In-line editing: You can make changes to a user story and defect using in-line editing.
- View and Edit an Item: You can click on View and Edit links for a user story (or defect) on the top right and view its detail. Further you can edit this item to update status, spent hours, comments etc.
- Priority column: We have placed Priority column next to Item Name in the grid.
- Saving Filters: AgileWrap now remembers filter values used last time and will use the same in the grid upon revisiting.
Tracking Sprint Tasks
Upon scrolling down on Track>>Sprint>>Items tab, you can use Sprint Tasks section to track tasks and defects for the sprint. You can track the progress of sprint tasks using similar features as above:
- View Filter: View filter allows you to track Open Tasks, Non-Accepted Tasks, All Tasks, Tasks changed in last 7 days and Tasks changed in last 24 hours. If you want to view defects along with tasks then check in Include Defects check box next to View filter. Open Tasks are the tasks with status New, Defined, In Progress and Re-Open. Non-Accepted Tasks include all Open Tasks as well as tasks in QA (with status To Verify).
- Column Filters: Tasks grid now has column filters available for all the columns. You can select filter values for multiple columns. For example you can filter and track all In Progress tasks for a particular member.
- Group By: You can now group tasks and track the progress. You can group tasks by Priority, Status, User story and Owner. For example you can group the tasks by owner and track status, spent hours and Todo hours of all of his tasks.
- In-line Editing: You can make changes to a task and defect using in-line editing.
- View and Edit Task Detail: You can view Task detail by clicking View and Edit links on top right. Further you can edit this task and update its status, spent hours, comments etc.
- Priority column: We have placed Priority column next to Item Name in the grid.
- Taskboard link: You can go to Track>>Taskboard tab for card view of the sprint using Go to Taskboard link on top right.
- Saving Filters: AgileWrap remembers filter values used last time and will use the same in the grid upon revisiting the page.
We have added many new features and usability improvements for sprint and release tracking in AgileWrap this week. This is the second blog post on improvements in release tracking.
A release usually comprises of multiple sprints. In AgileWrap you have the flexibility to define a release with multiple sprints or no sprint at all. If you launch a new release every week, it may be worthwhile to schedule user stories (and known defects) in release backlog directly and track its progress.
You can track the progress of a release on Track>>Release>>Items tab. There are three sections available on this tab: Release Sprint, Release Backlog and Release Tasks.
- Tracking Sprints for Release
Release Sprint section shows progress metrics for all the sprints belonging to a release. You can click on a sprint name and view detail. We did not make any changes to this section in this release.
- Tracking Release Backlog Items
Release Backlog section contains user stories and defects that are scheduled directly in the release. You can track release backlog progress using similar features that are added for sprint backlog tracking as in the above blog post. For example you can track progress using View filter, Column filters, Group By, Add Task, In-line editing etc.
We will enhance this section in the upcoming releases to allow you to create Release Notes report directly.
- Tracking Release Tasks
Release Tasks section allows you to view and track progress of tasks and defects belonging to this release. AgileWrap shows here tasks that belong to the user stories directly scheduled in the release. The grid has all the features added for Sprint Tasks in the above blog post. For example you can use View filter, Column filters, Group By, Include Defect, Add Task, In-line editing etc. to track the progress of release tasks.
Along with many new features this week, we have released many enhancements and bug fixes in AgileWrap.
- On Track>>Sprint tab, we have added a link for ‘Go to Active Sprint’ on the top right. When you click on this link, AgileWrap will take you to Items tab of currently active In Progress sprint.
- When you log in, you will see a new popup that shows information about new release. This popup will only be displayed once for the first time you log in after a AgileWrap release. You can click on the new release link on the pop-up to view more detail. We will continue displaying new release announcements on Login page also.
- On Home>>ToDo tab, you can now filter your ‘To Do’ by Project from the column filter for Project in the grid.
- On Home>>ToDo tab, you can now select valid entries for Release column filter on the grid.
- On Plan>>Backlog tab ‘Reset Backlog’ error is now fixed. If you filter product backlog using ‘Group By’ and you try to rank items using ‘drag and drop’ feature, AgileWrap will now ask you only once to reset the backlog.
- On Plan>>Backlog tab, row level refreshing is fixed for user story and defect. When you edit a story or defect using Edit link on top right, AgileWrap refreshes only a single row in the grid.
We have launched fixes for two bugs this weekend.
- Total Spent Hours in the footer of many grids was not refreshed automatically when user updated Spent Hours for a task or defect. This was happening for the projects with Timesheet feature turned on. The impacted pages were Track>>Tasks, Track>>Defects, Iteration>>Items>>Tasks and User Story>>Tasks. This issue has been fixed.
- On User Story>>Items page, last three fields in the Defect grid were not displaying in the correct columns. They were shifted by one column towards the right. This issue is now fixed and launched.
We are working on improving the usability for Sprint backlog and tasks management. Stay tuned for more release news next week.
We are happy to announce that AgileWrap is now supporting latest versions of IE browser. All the issues reported for IE 9, 10, 11 are fixed and launched. Please make sure to clear browser cache before using AgileWrap.
Please feel free to send your feedback.
We have released many more features in AgileWrap this weekend. Hope these features will help you run your agile projects much more effectively in AgileWrap.
1. New features on Track>>Defects page
- Non-Accepted defects view available– You can now view defects that are not yet Accepted by selecting ‘Non-Accepted Defects’ entry on View. These are the defects that are either open (status as New, In Progress and Re-open) or are in To Verify state.
- Estimated Points available on Defects page –We have added a new field Estimated Points in the grid on Track>>Defects page. You can view and edit estimated points for multiple defects in one place.
We have also removed three fields from the grid: Environment, Resolved In and Resolution. The reason to remove these fields is that they are mostly used at individual defect level. You can view and edit these three fields on Defect Detail page.
- Enhanced excel report for Defects – When you apply ‘column filters’ in the grid on Track>>Defects page, you can view defects meeting (multiple) columns filtering criteria. You can now create an excel report with the same filtered list of defects as you see on the screen by clicking Export link on top right.
2. New features on Track>>Tasks page
- Non-Accepted Tasks view available– You can now view tasks that are not yet ‘Accepted’ by selecting ‘Non-Accepted Tasks’ entry on View. These are the tasks that are either open or To Verify.
- Enhanced excel report for Tasks – You can now create an excel report for the filtered tasks when you apply ‘column filters’ in the grid on Track>>Defects page. Use Export link on top right to create the excel report.
3. Company Name is editable
- You can now change your company name in AgileWrap tool. You can do so on Setup>>Personalize page.
4. Project Name left aligned on pop ups
- We have left-aligned project name (below title) in the pop ups for adding and editing user story, task, defect, iteration and release for better usability.
5. Reviewer is set same as the Reporter
- AgileWrap will set Reviewer Name for a task/defect same as the person who has created that task/defect by default. You can change Reviewer name any time by editing the task or defect.
Stay tuned for more features in the upcoming weeks.
We have addressed usability improvements in AgileWrap release this weekend.
Hovering over top-level menu enabled
1. Now you can view second-level menu entries when you hover over the top level menu. So you do not need to ‘click’ on a top-level menu item in order to view all the second level menu entries belonging to it. This was a popular feature request from our customers.
View Backlog items with same ‘Group By’ criteria upon revisit
2. Now you can view product backlog, iteration backlog and release backlog items ‘grouped by’ the last criteria used upon revisiting the pages. This feature is implemented on the following pages:
- Group By entry is now saved on Plan>>Backlog page.
- Group By entry is now saved for the grid on Track>>Iteration>>Items page.
- Group By entry is now saved for the grid on Track>>Release>>Items page.
Iteration Backlog – View items by the priority in the order of importance
3. When you sort iteration backlog items by Priority on Track>>Iteration>Items tab, you can now view items by the order of importance of priority (not alphabetically sorted).
We will be releasing more usability improvements in next few weeks.
A new web service is now available for AgileWrap. This web service will allow you to get listing of all the top level user stories for a project.
URL : https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/
- project_id: Id of the project for which you want top level stories
- Response format (optional) : json or xml. Default value is json.
1. List of all the top level user stories for the project in JSON format:
curl -u “user:password” “https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/?format=json&project_id=9650″
2. List of all the top level user stories for the project in XML format:
curl -u “user:password” “https://product.agilewrap.com/api/v1.0/toplevelstory/?format=xml&project_id=9650″
This weekend we released many bug fixes in AgileWrap.
Timesheet Defects – Fixed
1. While using ‘Export to Excel‘ feature on Track>>Time tab, AgileWrap displayed Notes field data in multiple lines when special characters were found in the Notes field. We fixed this issue and now Notes field data is displayed in only one line in the Excel file.
2. Project drop-down filter on Time tab showed all the projects accessible to user even if they were not timesheet enabled. Now AgileWrap shows only ‘Timesheet enabled‘ projects in the project drop-down filter.
3. In the Project drop-down filter we changed the entry for ‘No Project‘ to ‘Non Project Work‘. ‘Non Project Work’ include activities like holidays, paid time off, meetings, admin etc. When user selects ‘Non Project Work’ entry in the project drop-down filter, Timesheet report now shows all the non-project related activities grouped under the same named keyword.
4. AgileWrap did not refreshed Timesheet report data when a user selected filter values having no time entries. Timesheet grid data is now refreshed appropriately.
Blank email notifications for Outlook users – Fixed
5. Blank email notification for Outlook users is now fixed. Outlook users were getting blank emails in the following cases -
- When user is an owner of a user story and somebody changed status or blocked status of that user story.
- When user is a reporter of a user story and somebody changed owner, status or blocked status of that user story.
Sorting order of defects not retained – Fixed
6. After sorting defects on Track>>Defects tab, if a user edits a defect using Edit Defect link on top right, the sorted order of defects in the grid is now retained.
This weekend we released following enhancements and bug fixes.
1. Now you can filter stories in user story page by new “View By” Filter. It has 3 options-
a) All open User Story. This is default option. Shows all stories in New, Defined and In Progress status. Does not show stories in To Verify and Accepted status.
b) Non Accepted User Story. Shows all stories except Accepted stories.
c) All User Stories. Shows all stories.
2. Improved “Export” in User Story page. Added tag column to the export. Entities like “ ” are now filtered from the description field.
3. Improved help on “Is Active” field on New/Edit Team Member Page. In AgileWrap, to delete a team member you have to make him/her Inactive.
1. Set Up >> Team Member Page: Filtering for “Active” team members was not working. It has been fixed. Only admins see the Inactive (deleted) Team members in the list.
2. Backlog: Editing a row in some cases showed updated row data in wrong columns of grid. This has been fixed.
3. Attachments: If uploaded files had spaces in names, on downloading the file name after space was being ignored. This has been fixed.
4. On Track>>Defects page, sorting by priority is reset after a defects is edited using Edit Defect link on top right. This has been fixed.